- Terakhir dikemaskini: 25 Januari 2017
KOTA KINABALU: Kota Kinabalu City Hall clarified that the appeal before the Court of Appeal on Tuesday, 17 January 2017, was only concerning the preliminary objection on unclean hands raised by the lawyers for City Hall, Central Board and the developer with regards to the application for judicial review filed by the Applicants against these three parties pertaining to the condominium development in Signal Hill.
City Hall's Complaint and Public Relations Department, in a statement issued, explained that the High Court in Kota Kinabalu had, in December 2015, dismissed the judicial review application on the basis that the Applicants had come to court with unclean hands. The High Court found that the Applicants themselves had illegally occupied and encroached into the open space belonging to the State which stood between their houses and the development, by building permanent structures as part of their houses, and no building approvals for such permanent structures had been produced by them.
- Terakhir dikemaskini: 16 Januari 2017
KOTA KINABALU: The charges for parking lots used for the Chinese New Year festive sales will remain the same as last year, which is RM4.50 per lot per day.
Assistant Minister to the Chief Minister, YB Datuk Ir. Edward Yong Oui Fah, in a statement, said that he has received complaints from the business community recently that the rates are being increased this year.
YB Datuk Ir. Edward Yong, who is also the minister in-charge of Kota Kinabalu City Hall, said the Mayor, Datuk Yeo Boon Hai has agreed to the appeal from the business community not to increase the charges. However, this only applies to business selling festive goods. There are other businesses, such as selling of cars, which has to be charged more than the normal rate, he said.